Creating Value-Adding Hardware Solutions
Werbel Microwave LLC designs and fabricates microwave-electronic assemblies for use in communications and measurement applications.
Custom and standard products, short runs or large volume orders.
Cellular, PCS, UMTS
Test and Measurement
The business growth strategy of Werbel Microwave LLC is to maintain a small list of customers while growing the amount of repeat volume.
Supporting the customers’ needs with products designed for long-term reliability.
Procure parts with tight specified tolerance, typically ± .001”.
Purchase higher quality materials and therefore spend less time during production, to deliver products quickly.
Maintain stock of parts to support future short runs of custom projects previously ordered.
Stripline Design Points
Standard features of many of our stripline designs are focused on quality and long-term reliability. These include:
- Housing-cover screws are sealed with high-temperature engine enamel to prevent loosening.
- Tuning screws at each port to optimize VSWR and precise phase balance (power dividers).
- Field-replaceable connectors with pin-and-socket construction relieves mechanical stress at the pcb-connector junction.
Microstrip Design Points
As of 2018, Werbel Microwave LLC has been redesigning our microstrip splitter line to improve performance and long-term reliability of our products. Design points include:
- Torque-in connectors, custom-designed by Werbel Microwave LLC, for optimal grounding at the pcb-to-coax junction.
- Sweat-soldering pcb (some models) for optimal grounding and circuit performance.
- Ability to optimize VSWR and precise phase matching during testing.
Custom Capabilities over Many Products
Fast response to your requirements with both standard and custom solutions:
- Directional Couplers: Single and Dual
- Power Dividers: Wilkinson, Resistive, Reactive
- Bias Tees
- Pick-Off Tees
- Hybrids: 90 and 180 degrees.
- Small Signal Amplifiers and Gain Blocks.
The typical design-to-delivery cycle of new products is less than 8 weeks.
Werbel Microwave LLC is happy to negotiate blanket ordering, private label and volume discounts.
Contract Assembly Capabilities
We have equipment to support low volumes and prototyping quantities for contract assembly projects.
Hot Air Soldering Stations
Resistors and other components are soldered entirely by hot air, greatly reducing the occurrences of cold solder joints, increasing reliability.
CNC plotter can produce single-layer microstrip boards for low volume and prototyping.
We are happy to offer this capability as a service to other rf/microwave component manufacturers.
Laser engraver can produce custom shapes of dielectric (non-metal) shims and spacers up to .031” thick.
We are happy to offer this capability as a service to other manufacturers of directional couplers and splitters.
Breathing New Life into Old Equipment
With little more than a spec drawing, Werbel Microwave can design and produce Form-Fit-Function replacement solutions for obsolete commercial and military equipment.
This current-sense control board uses operational amplifiers and voltage thresholds to signal high or low current alarms to an amplifier system.
Made in U.S.A.
Our products are designed and assembled in-house at our facility located in Whippany, New Jersey.
Components sourced from as many local, USA-based vendors as possible.